Free Gigs @ December Sessions – O2 Arena
Published 30 November 2011
The O2 Arena is known for its big acts, like Green Day and Placido Domingo (and what would have been one of Michael Jackson’s mammoth residency). But in keeping with these austere times and the spirit of Christmas, they’re launching a month of free gigs and shows.
Every day from December 3 to December 22, there will be free gigs from up and coming acts from 4pm to 9pm daily. Over 100 acts across all genres will be performing at the London Piazza in the O2 Arena.
No advanced tickets required – just turn up at the event’s scheduled time and watch some great free music!
There are some real treats in store at the December Sessions, with some of the most hotly tipped acts of 2012 already confirmed to play. Included are:
- Nikki Garnett – described as a Winehouse meets Lily Allen
- The Sea and I – former Hoosiers frontman Irwin Sparkes’ new band
- Belakiss – their bassiest, Tatia, is Ringo Starr’s granddaughter
- Tree Top Flyers – winner of the Glastonbury Emerging Talent competition
- Son of Jack – fresh from touring and recording with Chrissie Hynde
Apart from gigs and music, there will be much more on offer during the December Sessions @ The O2, including a photography exhibition by Carsten Windhorst, and a “Silent Gig” presented by the headphone makers Sennheiser. As expected, participants in the Silent Gig will get a set of headphones, which they can then tailor the audio component of the gig to their liking. Extra visual and sensory stimulation will then be part of the Silent Gig.
Check out the Youtube trailer video for the December Sessions @ The O2 below: